With the season of thanks and giving upon us, there are so many positive happenings that we as an organization are certainly thankful and grateful for as we grow and build Bentley!
*Thankful to our generous providers and thankful for the participant families.
We welcome our new, additional generous providers: Shop Rite Hillsborough, Trader Joe’s & McCaffrey’s
- *Honored to be the recipient organization of BMS’s November 2013 Food Drive at their Plainsboro and Hopewell locations.
- *Honored to be asked to be guest speakers along with United Way of Northern New Jersey at the Montgomery Women’s Club in November where “Meet A.L.I.C.E. and Bentley” will be presented.
- *Honored to be recipients of a Family Foundation grant to further our work, programs and provisions to provide for participant families as we build and grow Bentley.
- *Honored to be the recipients of Pet Smart in Bridgewater Food Drive October 16 – November 16, 2013.
- *Honored to be the recipients of The Learning Experience in Belle Mead Food Drive, November 4-30, 2013.
- *Honored to be the recipients of Monday Morning Flowers & Balloon Co. Food Drive December 1-15, 2013.
- *Honored to be the recipients of Steven H. Markowitz, DDS in Branchburg Holiday Food Drive November 20 – December 31, 2013.
Thoughts of fall
Have led us to
A familiar place
Near our hearts;
Knowing that we will
Soon be home to
Give to one another
In our unique ways,
Visiting old places,
Inventing new memories,
Near to each other,
Grateful for life’s bounty.
When I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted.
~ Samuel F. Pugh ~